The applicant employer/school must provide a letter of employment that:
- In company/institute headed letter.
- Includes the applicant full name.
- Includes the applicant job role/course of study.
- Include the start date of employment/study.
- Includes the date the applicant is expected to leave and return to work/study.
- Includes the signature of the applicant`s supervisor or HR department representative.
Self-employed applicant must include letter from their accountant specifying their professional activity, starting date and the latest Inland Revenue receipt/letter.
Unemployed applicant must provide covering letter (computerised) addressed to the Consular Section declaring unemployment and letter from JobCenter+, HMRC.
Retired applicant must provide a letter from the Pension Office issued within the last 2 months.